Our Privacy Principles Commitment
Preservation of, and respect for, our patients' trust is critical to our continued success. We will always treat such patient and customer information:
- Confidentially, according to applicable laws.
- Appropriately, according to the promises we make to our customers.
- Respectfully, in honor of our patients’ willingness to trust us to use sensitive information to oversee the quality, safety and effectiveness of the devices that they make part of their daily lives.
The Information Ototronix May Collect
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Ototronix Website. You can receive company information or make inquiries. The types of personal information we may collect are:
- Date of Birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- Fax number
- Audiograms and hearing tests
- General health data
- MAXUM System Hearing Implant™ Serial Number
Within this policy we refer to some or all of your personal information as Personal Data. (This is information from which your identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained either directly or indirectly).
Agreement regarding your Personal Data
When entering your Personal Data on our Website you consent and agree to the following:
- Your Personal Data may be collected, processed and stored by Ototronix in the United States and by Ototronix subsidiaries and affiliates located in other countries as stated below including under the heading "The Way We Use and Disclose Information".
- You understand the purposes for which your Personal Data is being collected. The purposes for which Personal Data collected at various points on this Website are used are set forth below.
- Request for Ototronix Clinical Trial Candidacy
- Request for Information for Ototronix Products
- Interest in Employment Opportunities
If you are uncertain or have any concerns about how data entered by you will be used or disclosed do not enter that data.
Personal Data collected through these pages may be used to determine eligibility to participate in a clinical trial. Ototronix does not enroll clinical trial participants, but forwards the information to authorized Clinical Investigators.
The information may also be used by Ototronix for marketing research to ultimately enhance our products and Website.
We also may transfer Personal Data to parties related and/or not related to us at your request in order to perform a service or otherwise undertake an activity for and at your request. The parties we transfer information to may or may not be in the United States.
The Way We Use and Disclose Information
We use the information you provide about yourself only for the purposes stated above. We do not share the information with outside parties except to perform a service or task requested by you.
Information you provide may be shared with and stored by Ototronix and subsidiaries or affiliates including subsidiaries or affiliates located in countries other than the country from which you submit that information.
Your Personal Data may be used by Ototronix to provide you with information about our products and services. If you do not want your Personal Data used for this purpose, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-410-HEAR (4327).
Third Party Sites
The Ototronix Website may include links to other web sites. Except as expressly stated herein, we shall not share personally identifiable information about users with the operators of such linked sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of the linked sites and hereby expressly disclaim all responsibility and liability that may arise there from. The links on the Ototronix Website do not constitute an endorsement by Ototronix.
We maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security standards and procedures to safeguard our patient data and systems. Our employees are educated on the importance of our privacy and security policies and must comply with them. Employees are permitted to access and use only the patient information they need to perform their job duties.
However, please acknowledge that there are security and privacy limitations, including but not limited to (1) the possible limitations or failures of security and (2) that data or information may be subject to third party eavesdropping or tampering.