The MAXUM System is clinically proven to provide the following advantages over conventional hearing aids.*
- Eliminates/reduces acoustic feedback since sound is not being collected and amplified in the ear canal. 99% of clinical study subjects preferred the MAXUM over hearing aids as having the least amount of feedback.
- Improved sound quality perception resulting from the direct driving of the stapes into the inner ear. 89% of subjects preferred the sound quality of MAXUM over hearing aids.
- Reduced occlusion (own voice sounding like you’re in a barrel) effect since an acoustic seal of the ear canal is not needed for managing acoustic feedback. 54% of subjects reported occlusion with hearing aids, Only 23% reported occlusion with MAXUM.
- Perceived improvement of benefit over hearing aids from the availability of additional sound and lessened distortion since a more natural pathway for sound has been used. 88% of subjects preferred MAXUM over hearing aids in terms of overall satisfaction.
* Hough, Dyer, Et Al. Phase II Results, Laryngoscope. "Middle Ear Electromagnetic Semi-Implantable Hearing Device…", Otology and Neurotology, Volume 23, No. 6, November 2002.